EP040 Summer PL – The 8-Bit Instructor
This week, we look at how conferencing can be a powerful tool in your classroom. New stuff from Google and IXL. A great ed tech site in the treasure chest. Plus, this week’s question of the week.
News & updates
- News & Updates
Treasure Chest: Edji
- Edji is an online collaborative website that allows students to annotate texts together
- Check it out here.
Boss Battle: The Power of Conferencing
- The book that got me started: 180 Days by Kelly Gallagher and Penny Kittle
- 1st a warning: it’s exhausting
- Lessened my frustration: I didn’t feel ignored when teaching
- Students were more engaged: they were creating something rather than passively listening
- It improved my relationships with my students because I go to interact with them so much more
- Shortening the feedback loop helped them learn better
- They also learned more because we learn by doing
- My instruction was significantly more individualized
- It bettered my instruction and lessons because I would notice trends in skills to do mini-lessons on
Crew Members’ Board (#8BitCrew)
QOTW: What’s your experience with conferencing? What’s worked? What needs work?
Use the #8BitCrew on Twitter or post longer stories in the comments section here.
- Twitter: @comicsocks & #8BitCrew
- Web site
- Email: email@example.com
- Support the show on Patreon.
Check out my Google Classroom Udemy course.
Music by David Fesliyan (https://www.fesliyanstudios.com/)
- Intro/Outro: “Retro Platforming”
- Boss Battle: “Boss Battle Rock”
- Crew Member’s Board: “Pirate Dance”
- Wrap up: “Game Over” by Patrick de Arteaga
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links to products or services. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.