EP029 Learning with Google (Updates on Google for Education) – The 8-Bit Instructor
In this week’s episode, I reflect on my time at the Georgia Ed Tech Convention. I have some news from Flipgrid and Google. A time-saving tip for Google apps in the treasure chest. And, of course, your question of the week.
News & Updates
Treasure Chest: Resizing Shapes in Google
- Drawing in Google
- Use Shift when drawing circles or squares to create proper proportions
- Use Shift to maintain proportions when resizing objects
- Ctrl + Shift to maintain proportions and resize from the center
Boss Battle: Reflections from GaETC
Teachers & student are incredibly flexible and resilient
The future is in good hands
The student showcases showed some great talent
Improving is often only a matter of small tweaks
It’s important to stop and reflect
It’s important to get “out of your room” and connect
Crew Members’ Board (#8BitCrew)
QOTW: If you were at GaETC, what was your favorite part this year? If not, what has been something significant you’ve learned this school year so far?
Use the #8BitCrew on Twitter or post longer stories in the comments section here.
- Twitter: @comicsocks & #8BitCrew
- Web site
- Email: email@example.com
- Support the show on Patreon.
Check out my Google Classroom Udemy course.
Music by David Fesliyan (https://www.fesliyanstudios.com/)
- Intro/Outro: “Retro Platforming”
- Boss Battle: “Boss Battle Rock”
- Crew Member’s Board: “Pirate Dance”
- Wrap up: “Game Over” by Patrick de Arteaga
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links to products or services. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.